DIY_EFI Digest V4 #162

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Mar 18 08:00:26 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 8:47 PM
Subject: RE: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #162

I got an idea,  this will sound easy but will take some work to dial in.
Take the Distributor apart and get a second shutter disc.  Notice how they
have a set of
4 matching slots, and 4 oblong holes at one radius from the center.  Take
the second disc,
and redrill it so that when you hold it up to the light you have 8 small
holes on the one pattern.
Then use a regular 7 pin ecm module. Fab a little kludge to read the 8 holes
as the normal reluctor/pickup would and then feed that to the module, then
wire the module as you would normally to a say 1227730.  Then the rest is a
plug and play for the harness/sensors.
  One LT1 driven by a 730 thank you
Bruce