Conversion to EFI : Fuel system

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Fri Mar 19 02:49:53 GMT 1999

Mitch wrote:

> There are a number of vexing issues.
>
> 1. Where should the main return line go?

Wait for my PWM pump controller and run no return line.

> 2. What is the air pressure in the main fuel tank?

With a return line it is very positive because of the fuel heating..

> 3. Does it matter whether the pumps are above or below the fuel tank?

Pumps don't suck very well.. as long as you are close to the bottol, you will
be fine. I mounted an external pump to a bracket fastened to the floor between
the tank and the differential. I should haveb welded it to the tank  Ha Ha

> 4. Just some general stuff: I am concerned about noise.

It's noisy but you can't hear it over the motor... (headers and side pipes)

Good luck   Tom