EGR valves

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Sat Mar 20 18:34:57 GMT 1999

GM has some "linear" egr valves.  It has pintle position feedback
(something like a potentiometer).  It is controlled by a pwm signal (I
don't know the frequency) from the ecm.  One app that used this is a '92
S10 4.3L vin W (not sure about the 4.3L vin Z, and many parts stores don't
even list the vin W).  There is no vacuum assist on this egr valve.

Tom