FI fuel line

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Sun Mar 21 06:23:53 GMT 1999

FWIW I used 3/8 steel line.  It wasn't that hard to bend.  I got a tube
bender from UAP/NAPA for $10.  I took them to an aircraft mechanic and
had the ends flared to 37deg so they would be compatible with AN
fittings.  The hose sounds inviting and if designed for EFI then it
should be fine but double check their claim that it is for EFI.  The
company that makes it should be able to provide some literature or a web
site perhaps.

One thing to keep in mind is that sooner or later you're going to have to
go from that hose to a fuel rail and how you make that transition could
make the decision for you.  With AN lines, it's easy as NPT fittings are
available.

Are you making a fuel rail or using an OEM?
cheers,
jw