FI fuel line

Charles charlesmorris at erols.com
Sun Mar 21 16:46:39 GMT 1999

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 05:00:01 -0500, you wrote:

>Wait a minute....  Are you planning on using this for the _entire_
>fuel system???  Don't do it.  Get steel tubing.  If the carb lines are
>in place, and they're 5/16" steel lines in good shape, use them for
>the return line.

	I needed a bigger feed line on my modified BMW 745i. Ran
Teflon-lined braided steel hose the length of the car, with steel AN
fittings on either end. It's expensive but will never rot inside the
braid, and is very resistant to damage - in fact the braid will file
its way through most obstructions, so numerous padded clamps are a
must. This hose is rated for something like 1000 psi (smaller ones are
available DOT-approved for brake lines). Used the old steel 8mm feed
line as a return.

-Charles