FI fuel line

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Sun Mar 21 21:25:18 GMT 1999

Mike Pilkenton wrote:

> I'm getting ready to run my fuel line for my engine transplant project and
> need to change over the stock low pressure carb. lines to high pressure
> lines designed for fuel injection.  Was planning to get steel line and form
> fittings and all but my local speed shop now has high pressure rubber hose
> designed for FI systems.  It apparently has a high strength braided liner
> molded into the rubber that is real strong.  Using this hose with the clamps
> made for it sure would be easier than bending and forming steel lines.
> Anybody elso use this or have advice?  I can't see any disadvantages so
> far??

Use steel lines double flared at your local farm supply. Hook them directly to
#6 AN, the 45 deg angle can be bent easily to 37 deg. Use Airquip blue hose and
"push-loc" fittings from summit, speedway, jegs etc, assemble once, take apart
with a knife, no clamps necessary (300 lb rating).

Start at the rails with a push loc fitting, hose, PL fitting to AN, AN union,
the steel tube with one end cut off and a tube sleve and tube nut.  I started at
both ends and joined the steel tube with a brass compression union in the
center. (No flaring required anywhere) and no leaks or problems.

Tom S