FI fuel line

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Mon Mar 22 00:37:33 GMT 1999

Mike Pilkenton wrote:

> I'm getting ready to run my fuel line for my engine transplant project and
> need to change over the stock low pressure carb. lines to high pressure
> lines designed for fuel injection.  Was planning to get steel line

I forgot to mention a quick trick. Pick up a couple of 3-4 foot sections of 00
copper ground wire, the kind used for grounding entrance meter boxes. It makes
dandy model for routing fuel lines. use the same bender, mark it with a felt
pen, then with a little trial and error, you can make steel lines fit the first
time. You can straighten the wire by drawing it thru a vice with carpet jaws.
and forget those brass fittings, go straight to 6AN (except for that ferrul
union).   Tom S