injector manifold design

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Tue Mar 23 01:08:17 GMT 1999

Even with a short duty cycle, the injection event will stretch out at high
rpm.  The intake valve for 2 opens just before intake valve one closes.
This means some reversion from 2 goes directly into 1.  At least with a
carb, the fuel goes where the air does, sort of.  With injection, any
puddled fuel injected while both valves are closed will get atomized by the
reversion and sucked into 1.  2 gets no benefit from this and will run much
leaner.  Somehow fuel will have to be injected where it will remain near
intake valve 2 while 1 is intaking but not get blown into 1 when intake 2
opens.  I can't think of a good way to do this.  Has anyone else injected
this engine.  Maybe the mixture distribution is not as bad as it seems.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>