valve overlap

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 19:34:37 GMT 1999

> I'm curious (not being picky). Going by the apparent meaning of the phrase
>  'lobe separation', wouldn't greater lobe separation mean less overlap?

Yep,
years ago, Bruce Crower (cams) took it to extremes with turbocharged
sand buggies.  He went with 114-116 degree C/L, which allowed
for longer valve timing, and still no overlap..  Interesting note though,
 I believe he used 8-10 deg more duration on the INTAKE side than the ex.

Crower Cams have been around a long time.  If you are putting something
together, call them.   Cam grinders can offer a wealth of info, as long as
 you don't get the dufus that just started working there last week...
HTH ..  Mike V.