FI fuel line

Todd Israels israels at MNSi.Net
Wed Mar 24 02:22:15 GMT 1999

At 03:15 PM 3/20/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm getting ready to run my fuel line for my engine transplant project and
>need to change over the stock low pressure carb. lines to high pressure
>lines designed for fuel injection.  Was planning to get steel line and form
>fittings and all but my local speed shop now has high pressure rubber hose
>designed for FI systems.  It apparently has a high strength braided liner
>molded into the rubber that is real strong.  Using this hose with the clamps
>made for it sure would be easier than bending and forming steel lines.
>Anybody elso use this or have advice?  I can't see any disadvantages so
>far??
>
>Mike Pilkenton

	Did the rubber line thing on an old beater (82 Ford Granada wagon that you
had to stratigicaly place your feet in the rain or get wet).  The repair
lasted 4 months but after the Fords final off road bashing I noted that the
lines had noticabley worn at the clamps and other attachment points.  I
would not consider this a permanent solution.
	The ACCEL cataloge has Saganaw to AN adapters but seem $$, luckely you
want need a large number of these.  Just to make hose from fuel filter to
fule rail.  From fuel filter to pump use setup from stock GM vehical.  For
return pressure is not great can use old carb line.