EFI Intake Conversion (2 of 2)

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Mar 24 13:19:32 GMT 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:36:55 -0500
> From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
> To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: EFI Intake Conversion (2 of 2)
>
> > Could we keep this on-list??? I'm starting on the same thing too. Just
> > picked up some of that aluminum 'brazing' rod last night ($19.95 per
> > pound at the local welding supply).
>
> I must admit that the use of paper templates and scotch tape is a good
> idea.  I made two manifolds before checking the fit closely enough, which
> obviously is a waste of time, material, and money.  I hate to admit to
> stupidity, however check each and every step twice to be sure you have it
> right, if you haven't made a much of intakes before.  Its a lot more
> challenging than I'm describing.  In fact, the third manifold I made for the
> Buick V6 was entirely out of cardboard from the back of legal pads taped
> together, using corragated box cardboard for the head plates and the bottom
> plates.

I worked at a aluminum boat building shop and we used 1/4" box board
( the stuff that cheap furniture uses for backs) to make templates.
this was a bit easier then paper.

cool post

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8