valve overlap

Colin Goodall goodall at magmacom.com
Thu Mar 25 03:18:31 GMT 1999

All:

> There was and article close to a year ago in AI about solenoid valves
> and higher voltages which would go along way toward making it a
> reality.  I also worked with a ex tech from GM who was around the aurora
> cam less prototype that is in the AI article.  He said on advantage to
> the engine beyond variable cam geometry was with plenty of valve
> clearance and engine position they could open valves on seven cylinders
> and start the engine with out a starter.

Hey, go one step further.

Two-stroke engines can be built with a "valve-train".  How about an adaptive
engine.

Normal running its a four-stroke clean buring and all that "make the EPA
happy" stuff.

Then when you tromp the pedal it switches then engine to "two-stroke" mode
for that extra shot of power.

If you had one computer with that controlled both the EFI and the valves It
wouldn't prove that difficult.

Just a little more food for thought....

Colin