MAF GM systems

A70Duster at aol.com A70Duster at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 20:02:05 GMT 1999

Yes, I have.  On a SBC TPI system.  Using the HC11 as the controller.  Had a
problem with the MAF sensor.  I've read in some GM manuals that the output of
the MAF sensor is proportional to mass air flow.  So I designed the system to
handle a y=mx+b type equation, and had pots to vary m and b.  And I had
nothing but trouble.  I could get a good idle, but poor mid and top end.  Then
I adjusted for top end and midrange and idle would be WAY rich.  I finally
flowed the MAF with an anemometer and behold

             Air mass varied as the square of output of the MAF sensor

DOH!!!!

So a little math fixed that.

Mike