MAF GM systems

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 00:10:01 GMT 1999

Frederic,
if you have big cubes and twin turbos, could you put one MAF
sensor on each turbo, have the turbos totally separate, say,
each turbo pumping into the opposite bank from what's driving
it, and make the ECM reference only one of the MAF sensors?
Since the other side of the engine is the same displacement
and (hopefully) running at the same speed, you could base
your calcs on *half* the actual air flow, no?
The other sensor is strictly for "decreational" pruposes..
Actually, it is to provide the identical restrition to the *real*
unit on the other side of the engine.
As I understand it, there aren't many *really big* MAF
sensors that are easily adapted to the GM hardware,
so splitting the flow duties out into a pair should work
for high volume applications... What is on the Hummer?
Thanks,
MV