identifying a Chevy 350 block and Trans

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Fri Mar 26 17:09:57 GMT 1999

hi. I just bought a jag with a Chevy 350 engine and Chevy trans.

it is a constrained motor with what looks like a single barrel Rochester and
those rams horn exhaust manifolds. but I believe the manifolds need to stay
there to fit in the engine compartment. The engine might have some height
restrictions maybe that's why that carb is there.

I would like to identify the engine for tune up purposes. Also the egr valve
is disconnected, and there are the usual 2-3 plugged up vacuum ports on the
carb and manifold. I believe that having a working egr valve is a good
thing, exactly where was that attached ?

thanks, Ted Stowe