identifying a Chevy 350 block and Trans

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Sat Mar 27 05:22:25 GMT 1999

> I have two C-50 Chevy trucks with 350 engines and both have 2 barrel
> Rochesters. Dunno how many bolts on the main caps, tho.
>
> Up here most 350 truck engines were 4bbl 4 bolt, very few if any 4 bolts
> had 2 bbls. There were undoubtably some 350 2 bbl trucks, and likely
> some 4bbl 2 bolt truck engines as well, but odds are in your favour of
> 4bbl truck engines to be 4 bolt, and also for 4 bbl 4 bolts to be truck
> engines. For putting out moderately serious power without extensive
> modifications, the truck engine lends itself well to the task.

One major exception to what I just stated is the medium duty truck
engine with the BIG 2bbl and governor. I was thinking more Pick-up and
van. A C50 350 would be the small engine for the C50 line - with the 427
and other big-block variants being more popular. This would be one of
the possible 2bbl 4 bolt scenarios.