EFI Intake Conversion (1 of 2)

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Sat Mar 27 06:22:56 GMT 1999

Hey Guys,

 I saw a neat little drill bit at a Accell or something, truck at the
Craftsman Nationals last summer. It was a stepped injector drill bit,
for cutting injector holes in intakes. Can't give you any more info than
that I saw one and know they exist.
 Prolly nothing special, looked like a double ended, stepped, industrial
type drill bit to me. Wish I could give you more info..

Dan

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> > own bosses from 6061 tubing (27/32 O.D., why that size I don't know, may
> > be it was supossed to be 7/8).  The holes I drilled in the intake were
>
> Nope, prolly 27/32 is right for that tubing if you are
> talking inside diameter - that's the right hole to drill if
> you want to tap the tubing to 7/8, therefore that tubing was
> for tie rods, suspension pieces, etc.
>
> Neat little useless fact :)
>
> > I finished to inside of the boss with a 14mm ream and lots of cutting
> > fluid to make a smooth cut.
>
> Yeah, I ground a lot off too top and bottom.  Not exactly
> the way I want, but all eight injectors are the same height,
> so right or wrong, its consistant.
>
> --
> Frederic Breitwieser
> Bridgeport, CT 06606
>
> http://www.xephic.dynip.com
> 1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
> 1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
> 1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
> 2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral