Chip for Northstar

Todd Israels israels at MNSi.Net
Mon Mar 29 23:54:12 GMT 1999

At 04:06 AM 3/29/99 PST, you wrote:
>Hi,
>   I have a very unique car.  I have a 1987 Fiero GT with a 1995
>Cadillac Northstar.  It runs great but it will not peel out.  I only
>know of about 5 of these projects in the Nation and they all have this
>problem.  My engine only has 16,000 miles on it. (just for you info).  I
>think that it is the Torque Management located in the PROM.  Torque
>Management was to make sure you do not peel out under a heavy load
>situation.  It kills injectors and plays with the timing.  It is all
>explained in the GM manual.  I had Super Chip try to make a chip for me
>and they said that they could take care of the problem.  It still did
>not fix it.  I was wondering if you guys could help me out?  Please let
>me know.  Thank you.
>
>Chris Moore
>ASE Master Auto Tech

	Not having the ABS sensors will be a factor and has helped 3800 swaps.
This was resolved by making 2 axel shafts out of 1 to have the reluctor
Ring on the CV boot.
	The management systems of these engines torque limits at launch to alow
these front drive high power cars to be driveable in all weather conditions
and the axel speed inputs may not fully clear the problem.
	The Northstar may act as a completely different engine if you can convince
it to run on a ZR1 Corvette ECM. (This may be more work than is worth,  too
$$$, parts hard to find.)
	Does your engine proform well after what would be a reasonable launch and
hook up in the stock car?
				Todd Israels