Shutting fuel off whie driving.

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Mar 31 15:29:52 GMT 1999

> As an "electronocally challeged" participant,

Being a non-electronically challenged participant, I will add...

> I'd use a resistor and an led connected to the
> injector harness.  Not sure of the exact value.

A generic Radioshack LED with a 1K ohm resistor in series would
display light when the injector is fired, however even at idle, it
would be difficult to see it going on and off.  Lets see why.

Assume a V8.
On true sequential injection, one injector pulse per intake stroke,
would result in 50 injector pulses per rotation at an idle of 800
RPM.  800 rpm / 8 cyls = 100, 100 / 2 (four stroke) = 50.

At 800 RPM, the led would pulse at or about 50 hz, which your eye
really cannot see, and would view as constant illumination.
Flourescent lights actually flicker on and off 60 times a second, and
the light appears constant to most people, thus illustrating my point.

> If you have constant LED activity while accellerating,
> but none during coast-down, you have your answer..

Often on deceleration, the injector just misses certain cycles, and is
not closed off entirely, therefore the LED would still be on more
often than not.

And oscilloscope would help :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)