Shutting fuel off whie driving.

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Mar 31 21:21:46 GMT 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, steve ravet wrote:

> > Additional question:
> >
> > pics are simple enough that if I already had alot of electronics
> > knowledge that the advanced book would be enough for me to work with
> > one?  Is there anyplace on internet that has the datasheets for pics?
> > I really believe that I probably have enough electronics that the
> > datasheets will be enought for me.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, it sounds like we have a volunteer.  The place to
> start is www.microchip.com, the manufacturer's WWW page.  From there you
> can get to hobbyist pages and really find a blizzard of information.
> There is a PIC that has support for LCD displays, and surplus 1-4 line
> LCD displays can be had cheaply ($10 range) at www.eio.com.  The PIC is
> easy electronically.  If you're not used to assembly the programming
> might take getting used to.  Go Roger!
>
> --steve

I will take a look at it.  I take it that the assmebly part is the
part that the skill is missing on?   I have done assembly a few times
(on a Z80, on a TI99/4A, a 6809, a 68hc11, a 68000, and on a 8086) so
I might as well add another, I cannot see it being worse than
microcode (the below assembly stuff that tells the assembly
instructions what they do), and I did some of that in college.

				Roger