O/T Compression ratio and supercharging, also efi pumps

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Fri May 28 15:42:15 GMT 1999

FYI - I ran AVgas(Aviation fuel) right from outa the airplane fueler
tanker (They DIDN'T USE THE GROUND STRAP FROM THE TANKER TO THE CAR, but
DID on all the planes, that coulda hurt!) into my 73 Camaro with a 383
stroker, closed chambered small valve heads(1.94), Edelbrock tunnelram
w/ dual 600 vac holleys, 4-speed, and 3.73 limited slip 10-bolt rear...
was at about 10.5:1 compression... first 5 gallons in the new motor were
AVGAS, as were the next few tanks.... kinda expensive... started mixin
super and avgas, then went to straight superunleaded(93 octane)...

Everyone told me it was only 100 octane, the exhaust smelled like race
gas to me....

LATER!

Todd....