Prom burners

Geffro geoffsue at one.net.au
Mon May 31 10:14:40 GMT 1999

Hi folks
I've been searching the diy--efi website without much luck
Have read prog 101 but i dont understand any of it
eg

 The PROM has tables and some program code. It maps into processor space
from 0xd000 to 0xdfff. The ROM appears in the processor space from 0xe000 to
0xffff. Data space in the PROM is from 0x000 to 0x616. Code starts at 0x617
and continues to the end of the PROM, 0xfff.

So to learn this where do i go ?
I have collected a few proms that I'd like to read so can you good folk
tell me what I need
Is a prom reader an emulator and burner?cause i'd like to buy one
whatever so i can start to work thiis out
Cheers
Geoff