Source sought for Bosch connectors

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Mon Nov 1 13:54:48 GMT 1999

>Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:53:30 -0700
>From: Thomas Washburn <thomasw at believe.com>
>Subject: Source sought for Bosch connectors

>Hi all,

>I'm looking for a source of Bosch-style electrical
>connectors, compatible with those used throughout
>L-Jetronic injection systems.  Any help appreciated

>Thanks,
>- - Tom

The connectors are manufactured by AMP and designated
"junior timer" or "junior power timer". The two are inter-changeable, but
the power timer version is better;the terminal design is a lot more robust.
Note though that the terminals are not interchangeable across ranges - only
use "power timer" terminals in "power timer" housings and vice versa.
Sizes covered include 2,3,4,5,7 way and also larger
15,25 and 35way which are used on the ECU (25 for Ljet)
Part numbers for power timer housings:
2way - 282189-1
3way - 282191-1
4way - 282192-1
5way - 282193-1

terminals available with a variety of finishes
and wire size compatibility.

Check www.AMP.com for more details and part numbers for other examples.

This doesn't answer the original question though! - where from??
In the UK I know they are available from Fuelparts UK. They have a website,
but I don't have the details to hand - something like www.fuel-parts.co.uk
??

I think Delphi Packard do an equivalent range - at least for some examples
(2way injector connector for sure).

Hope this helps

Rich