Small block Chrysler V8's

Daniel Phillips thylcine at mpx.com.au
Tue Nov 2 23:43:07 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF25E7.E23EC1E0

Gidday All,

I am considering building myself a street rod version of a 1962 Chrysler =
Valiant R or S series. This was a 'compact' that I understand was also =
sold in the US and in Canada, and the bodies were imported to Australia =
to be built in right hand Drive.
It originally had a slant 6, 215 cubic inch motor. As this is not really =
all that quick by modern standards, I was considering re-fitting a later =
chrysler small block 318 or 340 cubic inch motor, and fitting electronic =
fuel injection, in preference to a Holley or smaller capacity Predator =
500 to 700 cfm carburettor, and fitting the motor with a supercharger. =
In the smaller body chrysler, with a getrag  or A904 or A727 =
torqueflight gearbox & a ford 9" LSD backing it up, she really should =
move off the mark rather nicely.

After doing some reading, I have not found any after market EFI kits for =
this kind of motor here in Australia. Unfortunately we stopped building =
Chryslers here in the late 1980's. Do electronic fuel injection units =
exist for small block V8 chryslers, and if so, where can I get them, and =
who would best be able to advise setting them up properly?=20

Kind regards

Daniel Phillips
Sydney, Australia

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF25E7.E23EC1E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Gidday All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am considering building myself a street rod =
version of a=20
1962 Chrysler Valiant R or S series. This was a 'compact' that I =
understand was=20
also sold in the US and in Canada, and the bodies were imported to =
Australia to=20
be built in right hand Drive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It originally had a slant 6, 215 cubic inch motor. =
As this is=20
not really all that quick by modern standards, I was considering =
re-fitting a=20
later chrysler small block 318 or 340 cubic inch motor, and fitting =
electronic=20
fuel injection, in preference to a Holley or smaller capacity Predator =
500 to=20
700 cfm carburettor, and fitting the motor with a supercharger. In the =
smaller=20
body chrysler, with a getrag&nbsp; or A904 or A727 torqueflight=20
gearbox&nbsp;&amp; a ford 9" LSD backing it up, she really should move =
off the=20
mark rather nicely.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>After doing some reading, I have not found any after =
market=20
EFI kits for this kind of motor here in Australia. Unfortunately we =
stopped=20
building Chryslers here in the late 1980's. Do electronic fuel injection =
units=20
exist for small block V8 chryslers, and if so, where can I get them, and =
who=20
would best be able to advise setting them up properly? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Kind regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Daniel Phillips</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sydney, Australia</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF25E7.E23EC1E0--