Small block Chrysler V8's

Ned Williams willian at sti.imshealth.com
Wed Nov 3 15:23:54 GMT 1999

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:05:48 +1100
From: "Daniel Phillips" <thylcine at mpx.com.au>
Subject: Re: Small block Chrysler V8's

- ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF25EB.62746240

Gidday Folks,

Just to clarify, the chrysler that I want to play with's US equivalent =
is the Plymouth Valiant, which started production in '59, and was a 225 =
cubic inch slant 6. I was confusing the engine with another Aussie built =
gutless wonder engine.=20

We did have a very quick straight 6 (the Australian built Hemi six-pack) =
that powered what was the quickest accelerating production car in =
Australia, in the Chrysler Charger 1972 model E-49, that turned out over =
300 bhp. It had hemispheric heads, triple dellorto carbs and the wildest =
camshaft this side of the Black stump. Getting one's hands on one in =
good nick, however, is not easy, and keeping it tuned properly is a =
bitch. I do not know if this motor had a US equivalent - I suspect that =
it was only produced locally. If anyone can tell me I would much =
appreciate it.

Can anyone suggest any good sites for infor on souping up Chryslers - =
partcularly small block V8's?

Best Wishes

Daniel Phillips
Sydney, Australia

Daniel,

I know of two companies that build MPI setups for the Chrysler Small Block:

Vance DFI out of Pa. USA.

and
White Racing out of California
http://members.aol.com/bigturbo1

You will send them a squarebore singleplane manifold and 2800 US and they send
you a MPI system based off your manifold.

Otherwise build your own like most of us are trying to do.

Thanks
Ned Williams