Improper Subject Headings.

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sun Nov 7 11:39:52 GMT 1999

John Dammeyer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:30:30 -0800
> From: "John Dammeyer" <johnd at autoartisans.com>
> Subject: Improper Subject Headings.

> Isn't it possible to get the scripting language for the digest to parse the
> subject heading and not add messages that contain the character string "DIY_EFI
> Digest".  Seems to me that if someone is too lazy to fill in the subject heading
> with an 'appropriate' title then why should their message show up in the digest.
> Granted it's a bit more work but in the long run benefits us all.
>
> Comments?

The problem is not with the technology, but with lazy users.

If people can't expend the effort to edit a reply back to just
the essentials, and make sure they have HTML turned off, and perhaps
check their spelling, etc. then the end result will be that fewer
people will read, and respond, to DIY.

Flip side is that if the effort involved in deciphering or responding
is too great, people will not read nor respond anyway. Perhaps that's
already happened?

PG. (my $0.02 worth, and a pre-apology for wasting bandwidth)