DIY_EFI Digest V4 #631

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Tue Nov 9 00:18:22 GMT 1999

----------------------

>Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:04:54 -0500
>From: Mike Rolica <mrolica at meridian-mag.com>
>Subject: gm ecm's/efi on mopar
>
>The fellow that did my rad is looking at making his 440 efi.  He likes the
>idea of going port injection.  He has the equipment to mach injector bosses
>ect.
>Now he also has a 6 pac intake.  We were thinking maybe he could mount 3 Tpi
>TB and run a linkage with a TPS on one of them and IAC  probably on the
>center TB.  Using a mod gm fuel rail.  Any other ideas?  What kind of ECM
>would work good in this application?  Has there been anything done with
>mopar motor and gm port injection..  Any info pointing me/him would be
>greatly appreciated.  Also has equipment to make alum intake, ie could mod
>mopar intake to run Tpi runners and plenum?  Methinks not enough flow for
>440.
>Mike Rolica
>EXT. 260
> :-)
My first choice for doing this up would be t use one of the cross ram RB
intakes with a pop top lid and a big plenum. Use a manifold lid meant to
mount a single dominator. You can get 4 bbl "air doors" designed to mount
on a Dominator bolt pattern manifold that will flow 2000 cfm @ 1.5" Hg
pressure drop--which oughtta be quite plenty! These " air door" units can
be gotten complete with a TPS and an IAC motor, all mounted, if you want.

Weld injector bungs onto each cross ram runner at the appropriate spot. You
can buy ready made weld or screw in bungs from MSD Fuel Systems (same folks
as the ignitions), located in El Paso).

One of the cross rams with a huge plenum oughtta run pretty impressively,
even on the street, with DRY flow in the plenum!!

I would have to look at one of these manifolds pretty closely, if might
take a bit of creative fabricating to get the injector rails up outside of
the plenum lid, but mebbe not. Or--mebbe put the injectors and rails in the
valley?? :-)

Greg