[admin] What next.... (MUST READ)

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Nov 11 16:14:01 GMT 1999

I just talked to my sister and the offer is still open but for various
reasons it would be really good if we could get it by the end of next
week.  Short notice, I know.  A "sponsored by xxxxxx" ad at the top of
the page is all she wants in exchange.  As far as a domain name, I think
the cost is very reasonable, like $70/year or something.

John, can you give us an idea what the minimum requirements would be for
a machine to handle the lists in non digest mode and the WWW traffic?  I
guess a 100 Mbit/sec connection would also be good?

FYI, the physical location of the machine would be in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
If we decide to go this route I'll volunteer to purchase a machine (once
I know what's needed) and get it delivered.  I'll accept $10 donations
up to the cost of the machine also :-).  I'm also NOT a linux head so
I'll need someone's help in the Austin area to get it set up and
configured before delivery.

Personally, I'd prefer this approach over one of the free public hosting
sites because it gives us total flexibility in terms of CGI, ftp site,
etc.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet