[admin] What next.... (MUST READ)

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Fri Nov 12 01:57:34 GMT 1999

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Dave Zug wrote:

> If it helps more than it hurts , I'd pay what I pay my ISP for some FTP
> space on the new server, and common CGI execution enabling (Forms, counter,
> mailto) - I'd pay this to the person who provides the host - if it helps
> more than its a hassle anyway. (my site is low usage - has 1800 message
> board entries and grows 2 or 3 a day)

I've got a few colocated servers on a T1, but I'm not able to provide list
services from there. I am willing to provide web and ftp services for
free,  I am a full time web programmer and can do custom cgi perl or php
scripts for the site.

I'm still trying to negotiate a place to install a linux machine provide
mail services.

I use linux both at home and at work and on my servers that run hoser.com,
and have a lot of experience in this.

I'm also willing to set up searchable archives, I have experimented with
this in the past so it should be too much trouble.

All of this will cost me little or no out of pocket.  So keep me in mind
before spending any money.

--Eric