Injector Boss Dimensions

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Nov 14 13:28:32 GMT 1999

DIY_EFI Digest wrote:

> DIY_EFI Digest        Sunday, November 14 1999        Volume 04 : Number 642
>
> In this issue:
>
>         Injector Boss Dimensions
>         Re: idle hiss
>         Re: Injector Boss Dimensions
>         What prom to use?
>
> See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the
> DIY_EFI or DIY_EFI-Digest mailing lists.

> Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:16:28 -0500
> From: "Andris Skulte" <askulte at emerald.tufts.edu>
> Subject: Injector Boss Dimensions
>
> Folks,
>  I'm ready to get rid of my Super Ram intake on the Z28tt, and am starting
> to port fuel inject a single plane intake. Being that I'd rather not spend
> $60 for 8 bungs, or $150 for MSD's drill bit, I'd like to do this myself.
> What ID does the bung need to seal against the injector O-ring? Is the step
> square, chamfered, or radiused? Looking through the archives, I saw that
> James Weiler modified a drill 27/32 drill bit for this. Does anyone have the
> dimensions or details? Thanks for all the help.
>
> If anyone cares, (I was on the DIY_EFI list a while ago), I've graduated
> with my BSME, Skulte Performance Designs is busy, I work in the nuke field
> now, and have the twin turbo Camaro design project running strong :)
>
> Andris Skulte
> Z28tt-89 IROC T56 DFI Twin Turbo
> http://www.skulte.com/turbo.html

Hi, Andris.  How ya been?
Need to go to the sister list archives, and look for URL for the
pictures that Fred B has of his Mopar intake conversion.  There are
also some posts detailing the steps he went through.
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/gmecm/asearch.html

So the twin turbos are mounted and functional now?
Shannen