Spark retard continued

Posea, David G, SITS dposea at att.com
Sat Nov 20 05:59:16 GMT 1999

Thanks Martin and Jon for the replies. I've checked out the PIC'N'POKE page,
and a few other web resources. One degree of delay is equal to:

60 / (RPM * 360) seconds

and

RPM = 60 / time between pulses

These two simple equations can be scaled in millisecs or uSecs for ease in
working with a PIC controller. But I keep getting lost in the interrupts for
processing 4 inputs triggered by a falling edge. One cycle is the time
between falling edges for one input. Do you think I should zero out TMR0 at
the start of input #1, then use TMR0 to track the time. I.E. Input #1 time =
TMRO at interrupt, Input #2 time = TMR0 at interrupt - Input #1, etc. ??

There has to be a better way of doing that :)

Thanks,
David