DIS

scott christensen scottchristensen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 17:43:29 GMT 1999

Hi everyone.  Just joined.

I am doing research to roll-my-own DIS for a 4 cylinder aircraft engine.  I
would like to control the timing advance with a microcontroller based mainly
on the MAP reading.  (in aircraft RPM's stay constant but MAP changes
drastically with altitude variation)

A few questions for the group:

1) I like this CDI multi-fire MSD-6A unit (~$130).  Is there a similar
   unit that can control two different coils simultaneously for a four
   cylinder engine, ala "waste-fire" style?

2) I found this waste-fire coil picture here on efi332:
     ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/incoming/coil.jpg
   Anybody know what this coil is from?  Specs?

3) Anybody out there roll-their-own CDI coil driver circuitry?  (or
   use the "capacitive discharge driver" circuit from Zublin's
   MSD-6A article)

Thanks

Scott