rec.efi.diy newsgroup?

Mark Wilcutts markw at vehicle.me.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 21 16:34:44 GMT 1999

I'd like to chime in late here for support of the private news server
idea. Using a threaded newsreader would make wading through the traffic on
this list a breeze. It also makes maintaining a mailing list unnecessary
as well stopping problems with vacation programs and invalid email
addresses we've had in the past. Another reason I like the idea is that it
obviates storing messages locally. On-access serving should also cut the
I/O requirements drastically.

Is there anyone on the list who doesn't have access to a newsreader (e.g.
netscape or outlook express, or equivalent UNIX software?)

The only other concern I would have is, as others have stated, that it
makes it easier for spammers to harvest email addresses, although this is
already quite possible by greping the current archives...

Any further thoughts on this idea?
--
Mark Wilcutts