DFI for P&H

the Fredericks fredericksk at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 25 15:24:11 GMT 1999

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:27:48 -0500 (EST) Andris
<askulte at emerald.tufts.edu> wrote:

>I'm upgrading from my 30 lb saturaturated SVO injectors to 75 lb/hr peak
>and hold injectors. The batch fire DFI is meant to use saturated
>injectors. Rather than spend $400 on the Accel VIC to drive the low
>impedence injectors, is there a (much) cheaper way to do this? I figured
>if an injector driver uses the saturated signal from the DFI as an input
>it could spit out the peak/hold signal. Timing issues aren't critical,
>since it is still a batch-fire system. Thanks for any help/insight :)

I (and lots of other GN owners) have successfully used the batch fire DFI
box with P&H injectors.  I always thought it was designed for them, though
admittedly I never took it apart or called Accel about it.  No problems thus
far.  If you want to mod it cheap, you could do like I do with the stock GN
ECMs; take the drivers in the DFI box; replace them with the CS452/3s, and
put the extra bias resistor/zener on perf board inside the case.  If they're
TO-220 cased transistors, you can put the Cherry drivers in their place and
bend the extra pin up to connect 'em.

HTH,
Kendall Frederick