Questions on ECU6

Al Lipper efi at cardozo.org
Mon Nov 29 18:44:47 GMT 1999

> Hi al,
> just wanted to ask, if a wide range O2 sensor is needed for ECU6?
No, it is a conventional heated EGO sensor.  A wide range sensor would be
nice, but they're a bit too expensive still.

> what are these parts?
> Y1 - 12 mhz
It's a 12 Mhz crystal

> L1 - inductor
This is a 1uH (micro-Henry) coil (must handle at least 20v)

> F1 - 1.2A
A 1.2 amp glass mini-fuse

> U11 - 4049
A CMOS hex inverter.  Yes, this is the complete part number.  They are very
common.

> and is there a manufacturer for this MOSFETD P ECG2984..2987
I think I mentioned in another inquiry that the MOSFET P is actually an
ECG2371 or IRF9540.  ECG numbered parts are available at most electronic
supply stores and even TV repair shops.

> for the capacitors, if i use electrolytic capacitors, are there
> silkscreens on the board to indicate direction of flow?
I've updated the ECU6.ZIP file on the web site - it now has the silkscreen
in it.  Thanks for the notice on that.

> the part 28F010 is a AMD IC EEPROM?
 does it have a particular suffix like
> AM28F010-150EI? or 150FI or 150PC?

It's not an EEPROM, it is a flash memory.  The suffix indicates the speed,
package and temperature rating.  Try a 120C3PC.

			Al