DIY_EFI Digest V4 #667

Todd Israels israels at mnsi.net
Tue Nov 30 22:14:24 GMT 1999

>Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:13:32 EST
>From: PHXSYS at aol.com
>Subject: HC11 starter system
>
>Hi
>
>I am used to programming PIC microcontrollers. I know that the HC11 is more
>suited for automotive applications. I was wondering if someone could
>recommend some good resources for getting started with the HC11?
>
>What compilers are available?
>Good books to start with?
>Hardware packages to make it easy to start testing code?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jon

	There are many resources available with a simple web search.  You may want
to look for Technological Arts they have an inexpensive board for using a
HC11 with a breadboard.
	Check out programing 101 and the GMecm list.  A 7730 has all the code on
the eprom so it can be hacked, replaced or modified, I picked up one at a
bone yard for $40 .