Fuel injecting a 4.3

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Oct 4 15:27:55 GMT 1999

> Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 16:30:43 -0400
> From: Darren Floen <dfloen at tbaytel.net>
> Subject: Fuel injecting a 4.3
>
> Hi,i'm new to the list.I'm fairly inexperienced with electronic FI,but
> i'd like to install a throttle body setup on a 1986 4.3 chevy engine.I'm
> swapping this engine into my 85 Toyota truck.What type of setup would be
> best?I was thinking of a Holley Pro-jection setup,but I have heard some
> bad things about them.I was thinking of using the 2Di,closed loop setup.
> Could i use the injection setup off say a 3.8 liter buick?Would it be
> able to compensate for the larger engine?
>
> Thanks very much for any replies,and please cc them to me at
> dfloen at tbaytel.net

Darren, if you're interested in the GM approach (should save you some
$$$), then get a TBI system from a 4.3.  They shouldn't be hard to find,
almost every S-10 from late 88 on has one. Also Astro vans, and maybe
some full size pickups?  Anyway, it doesn't get more bolt on than that.
No reason to use the 3.8 and worry about tuning and stuff.  Also get the
service manual from whatever vehicle donates the EFI parts, that'll help
with wiring.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet