Up Up and Away

Phil Lamovie phil at injec.com
Mon Oct 11 16:59:49 GMT 1999

> Or - altitude could be faked out by reading the MAP while the engine > is stopped.
Then you could account for it.  Of course this assumes > > that the
car is stopped every
once in awhile (probbaly a reasonable > thing).  I know for a fact
that some outboard
marine engine > controllers do this.

If you map the engine properly and assume that it's wear rate is zero
then you can infer barometric pressure from your manifold absolute
pressure/rpm/tps/air temp association.

if 30% tps at 3000 rpm at 20 deg C produces 35 kPa instead of 38 kPa
MAP previously you could safely state that there is going to be a
storm
soon as the barometer is down 30 points or 3 kPa (30 millibars)

The marine engines will go blind if they don't stop it.

Comparative states of rpm vs MAP and TPS are used for error
checking of sensors, Acc enrichment, gear selection and so on.

Regards

Phil Lamovie

Injec Racing developments