Manual control of IAC motor

Gary Moulton gmoabrim at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:53:39 GMT 1999

Can someone tell me which terminals of the IAC motor runs the pintle in and
out? The wiring diagrams show two coils and the connector has 4 terminals.
Does one coil send the position back to the ecm and the other is a 12 volt
reversable dc motor?

Application is 1994 Mopar 4.0L EFI in a 1982 Jeep CJ-7, and what I want to
do is be able to manually adjust the idle lower than the 750-800 rpm when
off-roading. I have connectors and a harness and some electrical experience.
I plan to have a switch to disconnect the IAC from the system for manual
control and a spring loaded switch to "bump" the IAC position in or out.
There is a company offering such a controller for more money than I think it
should cost to build one myself. Thanks in advance

Gary M
gmoabrim at lasal.net