Manual control of IAC motor

A70Duster at aol.com A70Duster at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 20:37:02 GMT 1999

In a message dated 10/19/99 1:29:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu writes:

<< Can someone tell me which terminals of the IAC motor runs the pintle in
and
 out? The wiring diagrams show two coils and the connector has 4 terminals.
 Does one coil send the position back to the ecm and the other is a 12 volt
 reversable dc motor? >>

Sound like a job for

    STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER

The circuit is more involved that just attaching power to it.  A stepper
motor controller will switch polarity on the stepper motor such rotation and
speed is controlled.  If your really interested, I could try to dig up some
stepper motor controller info.  The web should have some info on "Stepper
motor controller"

Good luck,

Mike