MAF transfer function

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Tue Oct 26 00:20:01 GMT 1999

> From: EFISYSTEMS at aol.com

> I am working on that very thing, but it will take me a while to get
> the transfer function (grams per second vs. voltage)from the early MAF
> sensor.

With DIACOM, that is pretty easy to get.  Just hook up the ECM on a
bench, give it lots of ref pulses for high RPM (for no max flow
limiting), then feed the MAF input with the output of a 10 turn pot
wiper that has the ends hooked to the +5V ref and ground.  Slowly
increase the voltage to the MAF input and DIACOM with report the Airflow
for the input voltage.

I did this once, but I don't remember where I put the data.... :-)
It is here someplace, in some notebook.

> I have it for the ls1(grams per second vs. frequency)  If someone
> knows someone at Bosch or already has this info, please email me.

Scot Sealander