Lotus engines and bike TB's

Nic van der Walt nvdw at cellpt.co.za
Thu Sep 2 11:35:33 GMT 1999

>>  I got a set of throttle
>> bodies + injectors + FI pump for $40. And they are in mint condition.
>
>See, now THAT is what I consider cheap. I've been trying to find that sort
>of deal... I'll need to try harder. Where/how did you get that deal???

I strolled into the local bike wrecker's shop and asked him: "What parts
have you got of EFI bikes?".

He canned himself and told me a long story that went like this: Once upon
a time EFI bikes became a fashion and every speedfreak yuppie bought
himself one. Then they all ended up doing one of two things:
1) Crash the bike.
2) Jump start the bike.
In the first instance it's easy to see how the nifty bits ended up in a
box, but the second is interesting. Seems that most of those brainboxes
died easily when jumpstarting from a car.... The dealers couldn't replace
them and our enterprizing shopowner started importing aftermarket carbs
for those bikes. He claims he exhanged 100's of EFI systems with carbs.
Anyway, all those EFI systems are lying in a pile at the back of his shop.

Moral: Try you local bike wreckers.

Regards,
Nic van der Walt

 Cellpoint Systems SA               http://www.cellpt.co.za
 GSM Technology for Positioning and Telematics