Wanted - Corrado or Golf VR6 BIN

srgnt03 at earthlink.net srgnt03 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 7 03:38:56 GMT 1999

> Does anyone have original BIN files for VR6 or Corrado or Golf ECU ?
>
> Also, does anyone know how to get the fault codes from this ECU ?
>
> Alan Smith

I DO have a bunch of Electromotive TEC II bin files for a VR6 (including
turbo maps).

I DON'T have Motronic VR6 bin files (and not many people do!).

The OBD I VR6 can "blink" out the fault codes using the check engine
light. All you need is a jumper wire to bridge the data connectors for a
couple seconds, and the codes will blink out. You should buy a Corrado
Bentley Manual for OBD I VR6 stuff, or get the lame Golf/Jetta Bentley
Manual for OBD II knowledge. BTW, you can't blink out OBD II codes like
you can OBD II.

Now, what are you doing Alan? I have extensive experience with the VR6,
so I can offer advice.

Jason
'93 SLC