Drive By Wire

William T Wilson fluffy at snurgle.org
Tue Sep 7 17:26:23 GMT 1999

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, DIY_EFI Digest wrote:

> I saw a few days back where someone mentioned using a cruise control
> actuator to adjust idle speed. This is probably way silly, but I
> wondered if anyone has tried to use a cruise control actuator (and
> a feedback system, etc) to make a throttle by wire system? I imagine

I've considered doing it.  But I decided not to because I can't really see
what advantage you would gain from it, unless you want to have a
semi-intelligent computer controlled throttle for some reason.  The reason
I wanted to do it would be to be able to have logging and assisted
heel-and-toe for track driving.  But you don't need that for logging and I
didn't think it was worth it otherwise.