Sequential Injection overlap?

Kihurani Gakuu kgakuu at desupernet.net
Thu Sep 9 13:29:10 GMT 1999

>Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:36:34 EDT
>From: PHXSYS at aol.com
>Subject: Sequential Injection  injector overlap?
>
>Hi
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows if the injector pulse widths overlap on
>sequential injection. The application is a Chrysler 3.3 v-6, 97 model year,
>but I am sure GM is similar. What I mean by overlap is, say injector 1 has
>fired, is it possible (or likely) for the next injector to fire while the
>
>Thanks
>Jon

I think it is likely. From the standpoint of a 4 cylinder engine, there
would be an injection every 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation.

At 6000 RPM an injector fires every 5 milliseconds. If the injector
pulsewidth is greater than 5 ms, then it's safe to assume that there will
be an overlap.

I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on the RPM and the injector
pulse width.

Kih