TPS fuel enrichment strategy. How implement rate of change

PHXSYS at aol.com PHXSYS at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 01:43:33 GMT 1999

I have a project where I want to provide some additional fuel. I need some
help with a TPS rate of change (ROC) function.

How does GM EFI  calculate the rate of change on the TPS?
What is the TPS strategy for adding fuel?
What conditions activate the TPS fuel enrichment?

I have written some code reads the TPS in a timing loop. it accumulates  the
difference between increasing values, the result is  a 0-255 value.

Does anyone know what  GM's TPS sample rate is for  calculating ROC?

My main concern is the timing of the whole procedure. If I detect rapid
throttle advance, can I ...?

1. Add a percentange of fuel  (calculation directly proportional rate of
change value)
2. Engage a sustain period also based on TPS rate of change (ROC) value

...without re-sampling the TPS ROC value during the enrichment period.  This
means that the TPS would not be sampled again until the sustain period is
finished.
I am trying to keep it simple.

Can you see any serious problems with this strategy?

Thanks in advance