CHEAP MULTIMETERS

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Sat Sep 25 22:37:08 GMT 1999

Gang members, I just got back from Acklands/Grainger where I bought an
Ostra DM2500 digital multimeter (made in Germany) for $31.00 ($20 US).  It's
autoranging, large 3 digit display, diode check, continuity tone,
capacitance
from 2000pF to 20 microF, and will test both PNP and NPN transistors.  It
also does V and A in both AC and DC but I think that's obvious.  The only
featues I would have liked it to have are Frequency and a temp. probe input.

I have no affiliation with Acklands it's just that I've needed a DMM for a
long time now and this was too good of a deal to pass up.  If anybody else is
interested in one then let me know, they had a case full of them.

Just trying to help,
james