Typical ignition timing response to throttle snap?

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 15:26:12 GMT 1999

At 05:00 26/09/99 -0400, DIY_EFI Digest wrote:
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:49:35 EDT
>From: PHXSYS at aol.com
>Subject: Typical ignition timing  response to throttle snap?
>
>HI everyone
>
>I was wondering  what effect rapid throttle movement has on ignition timing.
>
>I know that extra fuel is injected when the throttle is quickly depressed
>improve throttle response. Are there any ignition timing events that occur
at
>the same time to also improve throttle response?
>
>Do you get a little extra advance during TPS event or what?

Not sure about Efi Systems but on a normal dizzys you just have centrifugal
(rev related) advance and vac advance (throttle positon/rev related). I
know that you don't need vac advance, all it does is improve part throttle
fuel ecconomy. On the Rover Mini Mpi system water temperature is also taken
into consideration... It also uses the MAP sensor (equiv of centrifugal)
and the CPS (crank positon sensor) to get the engine speed (centrifugal
advance). It also uses a cam postions sensor 'to run in sequential fueling
mode' Is this mode where it learns what fuel it should be putting in from
the Heated oxygen sensor? Why would it need to know where the cam is to run
in the mode? It also measures the actual cam period.... Why does it need to
know the actaul cam period?

HTH, Thanx,

Ade