Exhaust recycling and O2 sensor for submarine use

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 3 16:22:23 GMT 2000

David Cooley wrote:

> Andrew,
> See if you can find any info on what the navy uses for "air scrubbers" in
> the sub's.  They can stay submerged for months without surfacing...

US subs use amine heated to around 600 deg F as a catalyst.  VERY nasty
stuff if not controlled properly.

Whatever you are thinking about building, (unless you are part of a R&D
team) I recommend you don't try this alone.  You better have some DAMN
good rescue workers on hand before you trial dive.

--
Glen Beard  95 T/A conv M6
355, Vortech, heads, cam...