WPSLPGExhaust Gas Oxygen (EGO) sensor Information

J. Creech jcreech1 at olemac.net
Thu Aug 3 17:45:47 GMT 2000

<snip>
----- Original Message -----
From: ext-peter.betts at nokia.com
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: WPSLPGExhaust Gas Oxygen (EGO) sensor Information

> What are we trying to do?

What *I* am trying to do is have a tuning aid in the car to tell me when I'm
running too rich or lean under WOT. I don't care what the ECU is doing with
it. Ideally I was hoping for a proportional output, you know, slightly rich,
rich and so rich the fuels coming out of the exhaust in flames and vice
versa for lean conditions.

The situation I'm in is I have increased the boost on my turboed car and I
want a method of indication to tell me when I've pushed the limit too far,

I had though an AFR meter on the O2 sensor would do this (if you believe all
the advertising)

So what can I do?

If this needs a new thread then please change the suject title.

Pete
<end snip>
Well, you COULD do like hundreds of Eagle Talon/Mitsu Eclipse/Plymouth Laser
owners do. Monitor the O2 volts to determine when you're going lean, Monitor
the Exhaust Gas Temps. to also help determine when you're about to burn
something. There's also a hac (for the 4G63 engine) to determine when the
ECU is pulling back timing and boost due to a high knock sum. Technomotive
makes a great datalogger for the 4G63, not sure about whether they make
anything for others tho. It monitors about anything going on in the ECU you
could want to know. Also, read the plugs.

Scott Creech
High School Dropout
Amatuer Dabbler
General Nuisance